Location : London / United Kingdom
Sector : Business Development / Tourism
Duration : 4 months
Allowance : With allowance
Skills and qualifications required:
– Good level of English
– Currently enrolled in a Business, Management, Sales, Tourism course
– Good communication and organizational skills
– Proactive attitude and good communication skills
Description of the company
Well established tour operator specialized in organizing journeys in the UK for individuals, groups and companies from many European countries. In order to deliver the best quality services to customers in their own languages, employees constantly evolve in a truly multi-cultural environment, with people coming from Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Sweden, etc.
Tasks and responsibilities of the intern:
For this work placement, you will be in contact with supplier partners to develop the business in London.
Your daily tasks will include:
– Assisting the accommodation contracting department by contacting hotels and Bed & Breakfasts
– Sourcing, pricing and negotiation of all product types from B&B to 5* Hotels.
– Communicating by telephone, emails and face to face with suppliers
– Negotiating rates with the company’s supplier partners for ad-hoc group business
– Help prepare statistical information for contractor/supplier meetings
– Help with contacting suppliers in relation to availabilities, rates, information
– Conduct product research and development to develop the company’s product portfolio
– Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director